The Library Association of Warehouse Point, founded in 1811 and incorporated in 1897, is a private, non-profit library association serving as the principal public library for the town of East Windsor, Connecticut. The mission of the Library is to satisfy the cultural, informational, educational and leisure-reading needs of the community of East Windsor by providing a multimedia collection and exhibits.
The addition of the Jane Dewey Ferris Memorial Wing in 1991 allowed expansion of non-fiction and reference collection, along with improved study areas and in recent years public computer use.
In recent years,a donation by the family of Evelyn E. Ulsen and grant money from the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving has allowed the Library to upgrade the Community Room including a projection television, movie screen, sound system, and Internet access.
The Library was started in 1811 and incorporated in 1879. Townspeople paid 50 cents a year to subscribe until a legacy in 1909 allowed the Library to become "free". Another in 1919 helped solidify the economic standing
of the Library, but it became truly self -
sufficient in 1936 through a large bequest by Josephine Barber.
With a very generous bequest from Lawrence Price at the time of his death in 1961, the Library built a 5000 sq. ft. addition, which allowed us to function as a modern library.